I love summer. I love sunshine, the warmth, playing outside. What I don’t love so much about summer is slaving over a hot stove!
While surfing through Pinterest a few weeks ago, I stumbled across this little gem. Let me be so bold as to say – it is fucking delicious. It has everything that I could ever want or need in a salad. It is filling, it is colorful, it is flavorful and it is SUPER easy to put together. Needless to say – I am head over heels in love.
Sadly, I do not have a picture to show you the absolute scrumptiousness of this delicious salad, so you are just going to have to hop on over to Foxes Love Lemons to see what all the rave is about!!
Guacamole Quinoa with Mango Salad
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced (2 avocados if you really like avocado – and I LOVE avocado!)
- Juice of 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I like to throw in a little veggie bouillon while its cooking for a little added flavor)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press, or minced and ground into a paste with back of knife
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (throw in some of the seeds for more heat)
- 1/2 ripe mango, diced
- 3/4 cup baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In medium bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice and salt. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine well. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!!! 🙂