Oh delicious warmth. Oh healing, comforting water. I can just feel the muscles and bones and thoughts and feelings in my body relaxing, coming to ease, settling into peace. I am dumbfounded. Why, why, why have I gone so long without this? This is truly the best thing in the world. I knew from that moment I would never go another week without taking at least one bath.
But you’re a grown-up. Grown-up’s don’t take baths. That’s little kid stuff.
My friend, I promise you that 5 SECONDS submerged you will begin to think differently. Let’s looks at some of the wickedly cool things about forgoing the shower for a luxuriously simple bath.
- BUBBLES. I don’t care how old you are, bubbles are FUN. You can make a beard with them, you can build a tub fort of bubble walls, you can blow them around the bathroom. The possibilities are truly endless.
- You are your own private pool and you can make it whatever temperature you want. I always like to close the shower curtain too. Now, not only do you have your own pool, but now it’s completely private. Go ahead an read a book, meditate, or play with you rubber duckies. Sky’s the limit!!
- Prepare to melt those muscles into oblivion. I loooove a hoooot bath. My muscles also love it. The hot water helps the muscles to loosen up and release any built up tension the day might have created. Plus giving those muscles some time to relax means that you are going to relax (and maybe even sleep) better overall.
- Add in some aromatherapy. Adding a little essential oil to your bath water takes bathing to a whole new level. Now not only is the hot water relaxing your muscles, but the aromatherapy is relaxing your senses and nerves too. It’s an all over bliss-fest!
- Read a book! You can get a couple of chapters in while soaking in the tub. I like to keep a towel handy just incase my hand gets wet and I need to turn the page. If you want to get really fancy, you can also get a tub tray, like this one here.
- Zen out. I love to listen to music, especially chanting or meditative music. Pandora has some really great channels like Deepak Chopra or the Spa channel. You can also check out artists like Wah! or Snatam Kaur.
- A bath is a great place to do a little more TLC to that awesome body of yours. You can use body scrubs or make your own. I also really love washing my dreads in the bath. I can really soak them and take the time to wash them really well.
There are so so so many things that you can do to make bath time super fun. Play around with it, be creative. Most importantly, taking some time to let yourself rejuvenate and restore itself, is a truly beautiful gift that only you can give yourself.
Surrender and enjoy!!
P.S. Have a ritual or something that you like to incorporate in your bath time? Please feel free to share below!
Leave a Reply