Heart breaking open.
Vulnerable & scared.
Honest & alive.
Free. To finally be. Here.
• • •
Souls on fire.
Intertwined & independent.
Understanding in the knowing. Breathing. Life.
• • •
My eyes are clear.
My heart shining.
I am whole. I am infinite.
Heaven on earth. Love eternal. Now.
©Nikki Page • Create Your Sunshine
Between stimulus and response there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
– Victor Frankl
Mmmhmmm! Hallelujah and YES! There is something very special about having a place to be quiet and reflect. Back in December, I wrote a blog post about my special little work space altar. I love having a focal point close by that I can sit for a moment and re-gather. I have a similar spot on my nightstand.
Every evening I have a very simple, yet fulfilling, ritual. Last year I started writing in a 5-year journal. I have never been very good at keeping a journal, but this particular idea appealed to me. Every night I just write one sentence summarizing my day or the things I want to remember. Boom! Done! It’s quick, easy and each year and day that I do it, I am able to look back and reflect on the years past and how far I’ve come. The journal that I use is The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal by Gretchen Rubin.
Another nightly ritual is reading the intended day out of Reflections in the Light by Shakti Gawain. This is my 2nd year reading it and I still find it incredibly insightful and inspiring. It is a daily thoughts and affirmations book with a gentle way of shifting your perspective and holding you accountable to always being your most authentic self. I absolutely love this book and highly recommend it if you feel inclined towards a daily affirmations book!
Every night before I go to sleep, I will pull a card from my Ascended Masters Oracle Card deck by Doreen Virtue. This is my own personal deck that I use just for me. I pull a card before I go to sleep to meditate on, dream about and instill into my life for the following day. I love Oracle cards and feel that they lend clarity and confidence to continuing to follow and grow on my life’s path.
Colorado has some drrrrrrrrry weather! Growing up at sea level all my life and fighting with humidity in the summer, this took a while and a few humidifiers to get used to. I have to sleep with a humidifier at night otherwise Good Morning cotton mouth and well, just pretty much lack of moisture seemingly everywhere. Recently I have been adding Young Living essential oils to the little tray in my humidifier. Most nights I will just choose a soothing Lavender, but I have been known to use a few combinations. One particular favourite night-time blend is Release and Marjoram. While I can’t specifically attest to it’s ability in aiding sleep, I do know that I would up feeling great and emotionally lighter! Hurray!!
Do you have a nightly routine? What are somethings that you like to include before you go to bed? Feel free to post in the comments below!!
I love hosting community events at our home! We have at least 2 every month and they are all different with different people and always lots of fun! I wanted to create a safe atmosphere for other to get together without having the need to go out or spend money. Most of our events are pot luck and everyone contributes, which ensure that everyone is having the most fun possible!!! Here are some of the events that I host at our humble abode:
- Game Night! – You guessed it! The focus is games of all shapes and sizes! Board games, card games, Wii games. Whatever floats our boats! It’s games until the cows come home!! 🙂
- Brunch and House Concert series! – We just kicked this one off a few weeks ago and it was a smash! Everyone that came brought a brunch dish to share and we had a nice little breakfast together before we broke out the instruments. The weather was nice and warm, so we got to jam outside which was a real treat!
- Clothing Swap! – This is an annual event that we host every year. It’s so much fun to clean out your closet and then get together with friends and swap away! We usually walk away with several sweet outfits and everything else leftover is donated.
- Bake & Take! – This past December my friend Rachael and I hosted the 1st Bake and Take and let me tell you – we had such a good time! Several ladies got together for a full day of baking and cookie decorating and we each went home with several dozen cookies for the holidays. What a great day!
Some other events that we have hosted* or are thinking about hosting in the coming year:
- Seed Swap! – Bring your seeds and plan your gardens and swap seeds with friends!
- Essential Oils Class!* – 101 on Essential Oils and uses for daily living and wellness!
- Community Dinner! – Potluck dinner, for the sharing of merry company and happy memories!
- World Hoop Day Fire Jam! – More spinning and more fun! Fire performances, fire pit and loves of hula hooping love!
I love being able to bring people together to connect and have fun! These are events I look forward to time and time again. Lots of good people getting together to celebrate life and play! Do you host events at your house? Please feel free to share in the comments below!!